Tuesday, July 26, 2011

IT'S A BOY!!!

It’s a boy! Okay so we actually found out over a month ago - on June 2nd to be precise (I only remember because I just got the bill), but you are just now finding out because now it’s actually going on this blog. Though James and myself (the only two people reading/writing this respectively) are already privy to this information.

One of life’s most asked questions - To be or not to be? Or in this case to determine the gender or not to determine the gender? Boy or girl? Unfortunately, these questions along with many cannot be answered with a simple 42. Oh wells, life will go on. Quite literally! Because there is a little life in me! Get it? Get it!!?? Okay then, moving right along. Greg – the baby daddy – also known as husband – or in the baby blogging community something called DH. I am pretty sure DH stands for ‘darling husband’, but I may have just made that one up. Sort of like how when you control V – I mean clearly the V stands for Velcro, but somehow not everyone is in on this little fact. Seriously though, is there some sort of cheat sheet for all the stupid acronyms out there? I have been known to gaze over a few horrifying birth stories or ‘am I gaining too much weight’ posts on the bump.com or other baby sites, but I tend to stop reading because I just don’t understand who is doing what to whom or when. It just isn’t worth my time. And I’m not some crazy mom (which isn’t so weird to say because we have doggies – the mom part that is) that is new to the internet, I still consider myself hip when it comes to internet lingo. (Does that mean I’m old if I just called myself hip? You don’t have to answer that – I’m not old, you can take my word). I mean I know how to lol and that wtf clearly doesn’t mean welcome to facebook, dad. No, not my dad – someone else’s dad thought that. My dad is not and never will be on fb, at least not unless my mom gets bored and makes an account for him. Though that sounds like something I would do. Hmm… good idea me. Hey Dad! WTF!!! You’re on FB now!!! (read that a few times – it works both ways!)
 
Okay so I guess I completely missed the point – this is supposed to be about finding out the baby’s gender. Anyways DH or BD - baby daddy as I like to call him – see what I just did there? I actually told you what my dumb acronym stood for so you can follow along my story without getting annoyed – at least not by the acronyms… So BD did not care either way if we found out the sex. I think he slightly wanted to be surprised which is fine, but I told him I would know and probably everyone else would know (I can’t keep secrets) so he might as well find out too. Me on the other hand, I HAD to know. Like yesterday. Like before the little pee stick turned blue – which is just an expression because there were actually two pink lines, but you get me. I don’t even like not knowing what I am going to have for dinner – so knowing whether or not I’m sprouting a little penis inside me was a must. And NO that does not mean I’m planning on eating my baby – or the placenta – ewwwwwwww! We will leave that up to the dingos. Okay, bad joke, but my baby will never be around dingos so I don’t think I need to knock on wood. Though, he will be around our massive dog Bear so maybe a little knock just in case. You knock too, okay James? Did you knock? Okay good.
So long story short it’s a BOY!

(Hopefully there will be another post after this – I’ll need your support to keep me motivated)

No comments:

Post a Comment