Friday, September 2, 2011

Craigslist Glider!!

I am still bursting with excitement that I found this gem on Craigslist this week. I had been seriously stressing about our final big purchase of a glider that everyone says you need to have. And by everyone I mean my mom, but she's pretty convincing! After the easy decision that we were not going to dish out over $1,000 on a freaking rocking chair just because it matched our furniture, I started looking at all the cheap ones online. I was getting a little sad inside knowing that if I got a white glider it wouldn't really match because we all know pottery barn white is not really white at all... Not to mention the "cheap" ones were still pretty dang expensive at $250-$500 and some got some pretty crappy reviews. Creaking, breaking, etc... So I was all like whatever I'll just check on Craigslist to see if there is anything there. It just so happened that just the day I checked someone had just posted this beauty for $175!! I anxiously awaited the response to my 'is this still available email' and sure enough I won!! (That's how I refer to it at least). I had to drive about 5 hours round trip and didn't get home until after 11:30, but it was so worth every minute! (and every penny of gas...)

Not to mention the couple was so cute. The lady was like this is my first Craigslist sale - she was almost as excited as I was! I am so going to give back to my good Craigslist karma by listing this baby in a few years for someone else to enjoy. Heck, I bet I'll make all my monies back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment